Wednesday, September 12, 2012

What's for Dinner? - Gluten Free Panago Pizza

That's right. If you had not heard, Panago now offers a gluten free pizza! Tried it a while ago, just after it came out. Was pretty good. I froze the leftovers and they reheated really well too!

I ordered online, and they had a warning come up on the screen regarding this product not being suitable for Celiacs or those with gluten intolerance. They are just covering themselves. Realistically there will probably be flour dust or some type of small amount of gluten that makes its way onto your pizza. If this is a problem for you, don't order from them.

Panago will also call you within minutes of the online order going through to reconfirm you understand they can't guarantee it's 100% GF. I was impressed! No phone call second time around, maybe they know me now? Box comes "sealed" and gives you your third and final warning before diving in.





You only get one option - medium starting at $14. And it's hip to be square. I guess that makes it easier to identify the GF from the regular. Doesn't matter to me what the shape it. If it's pizza and it tastes good, I'm in! Seemed to be a full choice of toppings and sauces. Enough for me anyways.

Since DH is away, and I've been busy with my fall deep cleaning and redecorating today, I figured it was a good day for pizza. No energy to cook tonight. So we're ordering in, giving Panago another try. Hopefully it's as good as the first time around!

And that's what we're having for dinner tonight! :)



4 comments:

  1. I tried it last week with a friend, and I was pleasantly surprised! It was really good! I make my own crust with a Bob's Red Mill mix. It's very tasty, and it makes two large crusts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know! Thanks :) I'll have to try that mix one time. If I'm making homemade it's usually Udi's crusts. I like them. Or gotten used to them....

      Delete
  2. BPs has a decent gluten-free crust as well. One size, square, but a totally different consistency and taste compared to the Panago crust. BPs was almost sweet, and very light and fluffy in texture. I was impressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I believe BP's uses the Kinnickinnick pizza crusts. But I have not ordered there to be sure. I have bought the Kinnickinnick crust from the grocery store and did not like it. Too sweet, more like dessert than pizza crust.

      Delete