Tuesday, September 18, 2012

What's for Dinner? - Gluten Free Manicotti

Okay. So DH is away for work this week. Again. And DD just wants pasta for dinner. Again. No point in cooking something fancy just for me. I either graze on stuff from the pantry or heat up something leftover from the freezer. But I did that all last week. Time for something different....


Found this at my local Save On Foods in the freezer section. I used to eat stuff like this every now and then when I was working. Quick lunch or dinner when you have to hurry back to your desk to finish the piles of work. So I have not had a "frozen dinner" meal in about 4.5 years. Today was as good as any day to try one out, since it was gluten free and I didn't feel like buying the frozen GF pizza sitting beside this box in the freezer case.

Open box. Poke hole in plastic. Cook in microwave 7 minutes. Send a few emails while waiting. Peel plastic and eat. Simple. My tired brain can certainly handle that tonight! I don't really like the whole plastic film thing, but I couldn't be bothered tonight to transfer it to a real container with lid. Next time.


Well. Doesn't look like the picture on the box.....but smells great! Tastes - AWESOME!! Ricotta filling was a bit on the dry side (almost more like a dry curd cottage cheese), but I have not had filled pasta in a loooong time and overall this was goooood! I couldn't tell the pasta wasn't GF at all!! Worth the $7 and the 7 minute wait! It was gone in record time for sure. I love it when a spur of the moment decision is worthwhile. I will be buying this one again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment