Saturday, September 22, 2012

Things that make you go hmmm.....

Not really a post about gluten free, more a general allergy post. Always, always read the label. Every time you buy something, please read the label. So, I was wine shopping today and picked up a new one to try. Didn't read the label. It's wine. What could be in there besides fermented grape juice??


Ingredient list....Contains sulphites (yeah, that's in all the wine), EGG, MILK and FISH. Say what?!?!

Yeah, I don't know if this is trace amounts or what. I assure you I bought a bottle of wine. It's not egg nog with omega 3 or anything. Plain old wine. But there's a warning for those of you with allergies. So please make sure you read the label. EVERY TIME!!! You never know what is lurking where you least expect it. I'm kinda excited to try this wine though....what could it possibly taste like? :)

1 comment:

  1. That is so weird. I saw the "poisson" tag right away. Also, it is very strange to have milk and eggs in wine, but fish is kind of suspicious!

    I don't have allergies, but I always read the labels because unpronounceable ingredients freak me out!

    ReplyDelete