Thursday, July 19, 2012

Pancakes!

I'm not a huge pancake eater. So, when going GF the fact that I would no longer have to choke them down EVERY Saturday morning made me happy. I finally had a valid reason to decline. So it had been a long time since I've eaten them. Maybe a year? Anyways, I came across a box of Kinnikinnick Pancake & Waffle Mix at Safeway and thought one morning I might enjoy a pancake heavily laden with chocolate chips.


So I made up one recipe according to the box, plus half a bag of chocolate chips (oops). It made 8 medium sized pancakes. And I ate not one but three! They were actually good, or I was just really hungry. Not as fluffy as your regular pancakes, but I froze the rest of the batch and they do reheat nicely in the microwave. Makes for a quick breakfast on the mornings I oversleep and have to inhale breakfast on the walk from the house to the car...I eat my pancakes plain with no butter or syrup. I know. I'm weird. Here's the finished product:



Side note: I love waffles. And are they not just pancakes with holes punched in them? Yes, but somehow they taste better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment