Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Cheesy Quinoa Mac & Cheese

Tried a new recipe from Pinterest today for lunch. Cheesy Quinoa Mac & Cheese. This is a GF dish, aside from the bread crumbs (I omitted the breadcrumbs and it tasted fine. You could use GF if you have them). Recipe I pinned linked back to this blog website.

I had 2 willing guinea pigs family members and 1 not so willing child. Adults all seemed to enjoy it! DD did not. She couldn't be convinced that it was pasta :) We were in a hurry, so forgot to take a picture of the finished product. But it looked pretty much like this one from the above blog:


Recipe could have used more salt & pepper and next time I would double the amount of cheese. I didn't add any veggies, but with the taste of the quinoa you could easily add broccoli or cauliflower. Texture was sort of like a quiche (from the eggs probably), so might even be tasty with onion or mushrooms in it. It was a quick and simple dish to make, and I'll be making this again. This was only my second attempt at cooking and eating quinoa, and I'd say this time around was certainly better! :)

2 comments:

  1. I would love to try this, but my husband hates quinoa, and my son hates cheese! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you could try a half recipe, it reheats pretty good. Thanks for reading! :)

      Delete