Saturday, July 21, 2012

A healthy cookie...who knew?! :)

Made banana muffins for breakfast today, so had to find something I could eat...checked my huge list of recipes to try on Pinterest and bingo - Breakfast Cookies! Who doesn't like eating cookies for breakfast? :)

My pinned recipe originated from this blog, I did add some sliced almonds (that's just what I had on hand - pecans would be tasty too), omitted the cinnamon (by mistake and they could have used it), and I doubled the sugar and vanilla. As I munched on one of these for a snack this afternoon, I thought even brown sugar might be a good option to try next time. Texture is a little odd once they've sat on the counter for a while. I did have them in a container, but still kinda like eating cold oatmeal...moms with small children understand what I'm talking about. For those that don't: breakfast was made with intentions of eating it asap, but you get interrupted 50 million times. So by the time you eat the last spoonful it has been cold for over an hour. These cookies reminded me of that last cold bite. I'm sure zapped in the microwave for a few seconds would fix that.

I baked them for 15 minutes...make sure you flatten them out since they won't do that on their own (the thick ones maybe could have baked a bit longer). Oh, and I always bake cookies on parchment paper, but I think this one you should grease the parchment paper...they stuck on a bit (because there is zero fat in these!). Overall they turned out pretty good. I froze the leftovers, so we'll have to see how they thaw out.



A healthy cookie...who knew?! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment