Thursday, January 31, 2013

What's for Dinner? - Ravioli

So, going from a post on Gluten Free Edmonton's Facebook page, I was literally on the hunt for Gluten Free ravioli at Costco today. They mentioned it was being sold at Costco, but no product name or picture to go buy. I guessed it would be with the other fresh pasta I used to eat (sigh). And after standing in front of the shelves for what seemed like I'm sure an eternity to my 4 year old, I finally spotted it!


Look at that! It does exist! :) $9.99 for this double package - not bad! I was always thinking "it sure would be nice to eat fresh pasta again, but I'm stuck with the dried stuff". Now I can, and that's exactly what I had for dinner tonight!

I cooked the pasta according to the instructions on the back of the package, turned out great! Which buy the way is two joined packages. There is about 20 large ravioli pieces per package. It says on the package not to freeze the pasta (which was what I had planned on doing). Not sure the reasoning but you can bet I'm going to try it. If someone says no, I need to know why not...I'll keep you posted!



I cooked half of one of the packages for myself, which was way too much. A third of the package would have been plenty - I was so stuffed! The pieces are quite large, and I did not find them bland as I heard others mention on the Facebook post. They were amazing! Tasted like real pasta, not at all like Gluten Free! :)


I just poured my favourite tomatoe sauce on the cooked pasta and sprinkled some freshly grated parmesan cheese on top too. The ravioli filling is cheese, so you could use whatever sauce you feel like, really. I just used what I had on hand that was quick. I was in a hurry tonight, but next time I will pair this with a salad & maybe some GF garlic bread - yum! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment