Thursday, August 2, 2012

Gluten free beer trials - Part 2

Excited...trying some new beer today with awesome company :)

While I'm out quenching my thirst, have a read through another of my taste testing trials...


Glutenberg Blonde Ale. Sounds German. It's not. It's another from Quebec. Better than the last PQ offering at least. They do have other varieties. I had a look on their website prior to purchasing this one, since it came as a 6 pack and I like to do my research. Here is their description of the Blonde:

The Glutenberg blonde is a gluten-free ale made from millet. Floral hops, white pepper and lemon zest aromas gives it a beautiful and charming nose. The mouth bursts with white flowers, citrus and spicy flavours. With just a hint of bitterness to balance out the sweetness of the millet and the corn, this beer offers a truly refreshing taste.

Yeah, I'd agree with that statement. No point in re-writing the obvious. It is a little on the bitter side. But this one is good with a lime wedge. No buyer's remorse about the 6 pack this time, it's tasty enough. And Glutenberg has a handy twist off cap too! :)


2 comments:

  1. Twist off? How pedestrian! HA! My latest is a Spanish one, I think (based on all the, y'know, spanish on the bottle!)

    I have successfully "bought out" all of the gluten-free beer at my local, independent liquor store. At least I will have by this afternoon when I finish buying for the weekend's camping trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They obviously understand that sometimes the GF people are in a hurry to get into that beer, lol :) Have you checked out Keg n Cork on 99 Street? They have quite the selection in the back of their store. Foreign beer is on the menu today - 2 varieties! :)

      Delete